This job posting is no longer available on CGI.
Statistician jobs in Washington, DC
CGI jobs in Washington, DC
Do you enjoy working with data and statistics? Are you interested in expanding your knowledge base? If so, CGI Federal’s Regulatory Business Unit has an exciting opportunity supporting the federal government. We are looking for people with deep financial industry expertise, analytical capabilities and an innovative mindset to solve problems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Development and review of statistical models and data architecture
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Individual will be responsible for quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data working in small teams to develop, test, and harden advanced analytical models as required.
- Contribute to the design advanced analytics concepts to solve the most pressing regulatory issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Economic, Finance or other technical disciplines
- 2-5 years of relevant consulting or industry experience in financial analysis, transformation or strategic initiatives
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Strong orientation to quantitative, data-driven analysis using stats packages such as SAS (modeler, statistics, text analytics); STATA; or SPSS; MATLAB; R
- Proficient in SAS reporting tools
- Understanding of Oracle database, Relational Database, Unstructured Data
- Ability to code in PL/SQL and R.
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance required
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Advanced statistics and machine learning/NLP techniques and algorithms using R, Python, Java on ML platforms such as Spark, H20 etc.
- Prior experience using financial data and with federal consulting
- Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Financial Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Download bảng mô tả công việc cho vị trí Statistician – Mẫu 2 (ENG) Tại đây
Mô tả công việc
Xem bảng mô tả công việc cho các vị trí khác như:
- Giám đốc công ty dịch vụ
- Trưởng phòng marketing
- Chuyên viên đào tạo
- Trưởng phòng nhân sự