Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all reception staff and associated functions, ensuring all functions are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and time-scales, and reporting to the practice manager as necessary. Promote a harmonious and professional atmosphere in this public facing role.
- Induction and training of all new staff to agreed standards
- Oversee e-learning of all reception staff
- Ensure adequate staffing levels, approve annual and other leave, and organise rotas ensuring all functions are covered as required
- Deal with more complex enquiries from patients including informal complaints relating to reception functions
- Continually assess and evaluate systems and quality, recommending changes and improvements to the practice manager as appropriate
- Manage day to day issues that may arise within the team or with individuals
- Regularly evaluate quality of individual and team performance
- Bi-monthly 1-2-1 reviews with all reception staff
- Bi-monthly team meetings
- Support the annual appraisal process for reception staff
- Deal with general telephone enquiries from patients and general public
- Book appointments and home visits
- Process requests for repeat prescriptions
- Register new patients, ensuring full practice information is given
- Process requests for emis access to prescriptions, booking and records access
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change as deemed necessary Health and Safety
- To participate and support H&S standards and documentation under the guidance of the Practice Manager.
- Maintain records of incidents, reviews and training in fire prevention, health and safety and basic life support.
- Quarterly reviews of risk assessments.
- To liaise with the Facilities Manager as necessary
The post-holder will recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients’ needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Personal and Professional Development
The post-holder will keep abreast of knowledge and legislation changes pertaining to the role. The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning, and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others.
- Training requirements will be monitored by yearly appraisal. Personal development will be encouraged and supported by the Practice.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation.
Download bảng mô tả công việc cho vị trí Reception Superviosor – Mẫu 2 (ENG) Tại đây
Mô tả công việc
Xem bảng mô tả công việc cho các vị trí khác như:
- Giám đốc công ty dịch vụ
- Trưởng phòng marketing
- Chuyên viên đào tạo
- Trưởng phòng nhân sự