We’re recruiting a Deputy Director
Join the Australian Youth Climate Coalition in an exciting role working on critical climate change campaigns and empowering young people to take action. This is a rare leadership and growth opportunity for a driven young person who wants to use their experience in organisational strategy, team management, and fundraising and/or operations to have a big impact.
- Reports to: AYCC National Director
- Location: Melbourne
- Employment Basis: Two year contract with option to renew
- Hours: Full-time
- Start date: Negotiable, before November 7
Key relationships: Direct management of fundraising and operations staff members
The Australian Youth Climate Coalition (AYCC) is looking for an ambitious young leader with experience in fundraising, communications and/or operations to lead a core part of our team in Melbourne. This high-level fast-paced role will oversee and support the growth of the AYCC in terms of financial, operational, and staff sustainability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the AYCC and Seed
The AYCC is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation building a movement of young people to protect our future from climate change. We are Australia’s largest youth-led organisation and one of the most effective organisations dedicated to tackling climate change, with 750 volunteers nationally and more than 120,000 supporters. We have four major areas within AYCC:
- Campaigns to stop the climate crisis– we run campaigns to make sure Australia moves from fossil fuels to renewable energy as quickly as possible. Recent campaigns include:
– Convincing big companies like the Commonwealth Bank and Lend Lease to withdraw from building mega coal projects on the Great Barrier Reef coast.
– Supporting the Port Augusta community with their campaign to replace their closing coal stations with solar thermal.
– Campaigning for higher renewable energy targets from the Government and Opposition.
- Seed Indigenous Youth Climate Network – led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, this growing network is giving Indigenous young people the opportunity to have a voice on this defining issue. Check out more at seedmob.org.au
- Switched on Schools – each year we educate, inspire and empower tens of thousands of high school students to create change on climate change. We do this through presentations, two day summits and then mentor students to lead their own campaigns on switchedonschools.org.au
- Climate Leaders Training program –we give young people the information, skills, inspiration and support they need to lead climate campaigns in their community. This year 300 young people will go through 2 day trainings with AYCC, and 30 youth will participate in a leadership stream.
About the Role:
This is a critical role that will shape the future of the organisation. The successful applicant will drive the continued success and growth of the AYCC. We are looking for someone with demonstrated leadership qualities and experience in fundraising/marketing, operations, or staff management to lead our brilliant team of fundraising and operations staff while driving AYCC organisational strategy and management. You may be required to travel from time to time in order to perform the duties of the position.
- Developing and testing new and creative fundraising streams to build AYCC’s sustainable income streams
- Leading AYCC’s fundraising programs with the help of a capable and passionate staff team, including: recurring giving, AYCC’s ‘For the Love of’ campaign, granting and sponsorships, and key donor relationships
- Communications: responsible for all donor communications and implementation of AYCC’s brand
- Oversight of financial planning processes, including managing external accountants and feedback through monthly finance meetings
- Oversight of organisational risk and compliance management; liaising with Board of Directors to help steer the organisation and ensure good governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly share ideas and influence people through your writing, speaking and using other media
- Experience managing complex projects; ability to manage competing priorities and capacity plan for others
- Able to maintain big-picture strategic thinking while keeping an eye on the detail
- Ability to work effectively with autonomy and accountability; self motivated with a can-do attitude
Optional areas of experience:
- Experience in fundraising or marketing
- Partnership building, high level relationship management
- Risk management and/or budget oversight
- Volunteer/staff coordination or management experience
- Experience developing project plans with clear objectives and action steps; experience evaluating
Even if you only meet some of these requirements, but you think you’re right for the job and are ready to learn, we’re keen to hear from you. The role will be developed to meet the skills and experience of the right candidate. We are looking for a candidate with at least 3 years experience. We will require a police check for this position.
Salary is based on a total remuneration package of $54,000 – $64,00 pro rata per annum excluding 9.5% superannuation, but will be negotiable based on prior experience.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit via email:
■ A cover letter of no more than 2 pages addressing experience and competencies above
■ A CV of no more than 2 pages
The AYCC is a youth-led organisations, with all staff and core volunteers under 30 – as such, we seek applications only from those under 30.
Applications should be addressed to Kirsty Albion, National Director at firstname.lastname@example.org,using the subject line Deputy Director. For any questions regarding this position, contact: Julie Hirsch on 0466 972 474.
Download bảng mô tả công việc cho vị trí Phó Giám Đốc – Mẫu 1 (ENG) Tại đây
Giải pháp kiểm soát suất ăn
Mô tả công việc
Xem bảng mô tả công việc cho các vị trí khác như:
- Giám đốc công ty dịch vụ
- Trưởng phòng marketing
- Chuyên viên đào tạo
- Trưởng phòng nhân sự