The duties, tasks, and responsibilities of most hotel receptionists are listed in the sample job description below:
- Receive guests to the hotel by greeting them warmly, and attending to their inquiries and also answer inquirers over the phone.
- Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates in the hotel, make reservations for guests according to their needs, and also make sure that all reservations cancelled are effected immediately to avoid confusion.
- Build good relationship and rapport with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they might have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the hotel.
- Keep clear and comprehensive records of guest room bookings and all billings for accountability and future reference.
- Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly and keeping the front desk area clean at all times to avoid rowdiness.
- Attend to all routes of room bookings, such as online, phone, and in person, to ensure that reservations are not left hanging but attended to promptly to keep the hotel business running
- Report issues of maintenance and malfunctioning appliances to the manager for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction.
The above example of the hotel receptionist job description can serve as a good source of information in making a resume for the position, especially in writing the professional experience section of the resume.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The skills, knowledge, and other qualities expected of the hotel receptionist include the following:
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be orderly.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good crisis management skills.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job test
Download bảng mô tả công việc cho vị trí Hotel Receptionist – Cty DV (ENG) Tại đây
Mô tả công việc
Xem bảng mô tả công việc cho các vị trí khác như:
- Giám đốc công ty dịch vụ
- Trưởng phòng marketing
- Chuyên viên đào tạo
- Trưởng phòng nhân sự