How to write a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) job description
Your job description is the first touchpoint between your company and your new hire. With millions of people searching for jobs on Indeed each month, a great job description can help you attract the most qualified candidates to your open position. To get you started, here are some tips for creating an effective job description.
CFO (Chief Financial Officer) job title
A great job title typically includes a general term, level of experience and any special requirements. The general term will optimize your job title to show up in a general search for jobs of the same nature. The level of experience will help you attract the most qualified applicants by outlining the amount of responsibility and prior knowledge required. And if your position is specialized, consider including the specialization in the job title as well. But avoid using internal titles, abbreviations or acronyms to make sure people understand what your job posting is before clicking.
Examples of CFO (Chief Financial Officer) job titles
- CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
- Chief Financial Officer (10+ Years Experience)
- Director of Finance
- Chief Financial Officer
CFO (Chief Financial Officer) job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) job summary
Our agency is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our growing team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects our company, and will provide strategic financial input to senior management. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of our firm.
Phần mềm Quản lý Nhân sự HRPRO7 với đầy đủ chức năng như: Hồ sơ nhân viên, Hợp đồng, Bảo Hiềm, Tính lương, Đánh giá KPI,…
CFO (Chief Financial Officer) responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
Examples of CFO (Chief Financial Officer) responsibilities
- Execute the financial strategy of the company
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
CFO (Chief Financial Officer) qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
Examples of CFO (Chief Financial Officer) skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA)
- 10+ years experience in a senior financial managerial position
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics SL financial reporting software
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
Download bảng mô tả công việc cho vị trí Giám Đốc – Mẫu 5 (ENG) Tại đây
Mô tả công việc
Xem bảng mô tả công việc cho các vị trí khác như:
- Giám đốc công ty dịch vụ
- Trưởng phòng marketing
- Chuyên viên đào tạo
- Trưởng phòng nhân sự