Job Title: Sales Director Reporting to: CEO
Department: Sales & Marketing Direct Reports: Marketing, PR, Comms & Web Development Team
Course Operations, Key Accounts
Leadership team, Cogent
Key Contacts: Board, Senior external Location: National
Date Created: Nov 13 Date Revised: Nov 14
Reporting to the Cogent Group Chief Executive, the Sales Director is responsible for developing and delivering a commercial strategy for the Cogent Group. Cogent’s role in the delivery of the Science Industry Partnership objectives brings new and demanding challenges to the employer facing part of the Cogent organisation; an ambitious but achievable commercial strategy is at the centre of this.
The stated aim of the Cogent Group is to reduce the dependence on Government funding – the maximising of the commercial activity of the Group is essential if this objective is to be achieved.
• Responsibility for designing the group commercial strategy, along with the successful communication and delivery of the strategy.
• Responsible and accountable for developing and executing business strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the strategic plans
• Develop and ensure Group commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continual improvement to protect company’s commercial position, including measurement tools to forecast success alongside the Finance Director.
• Formulation and implementation of interventions to deliver sustained performance in terms of securing tenders and new business opportunities.
• To guide and direct commercial activity across the Cogent Group to maximise the potential of the Group’s products and services, to support delivery against KPI’s and targets.
• Direct and in-direct management of commercial activity via the group and through business units.
• The management of the Account Management team which has the responsibility of coordinating the Cogent Group offer to a group of key accounts in the science using industries.
• Responsibility for new business development, negotiations and commercial contracts in line with proposed budgeted growth.
• Monitor and evaluate emerging business opportunities with a view to positioning the Cogent’s sales resource and technical capability accordingly.
• Review reports on the status of contracts indicating current status with regards to financial situation and provide guidance and recommendations for improvements, working closely with the Finance Director to assess against budget.
• The management of the Cogent Operations business unit which has the responsibility of selling and delivering Cogent owned courses
• The management of the marketing team which is a group function providing a marketing service to the Science Industry Partnership Board, the corporate areas of Cogent and the business units.
• Management of the websites and web content of the Cogent Group
• Provide leadership and instill best working practice within the Marketing team helping to establish a leading service.
• Providing support to the Head of Marketing, to ensure the Commercial functions’ strategy is embedded within Marketing.
• Work with the Head of Marketing to develop Marketing plans and tactics to achieve company goals
• Effectively manage internal and external relations alongside the Head of Marketing
• Implementation and management of an effective CRM supported throughout the organisation
Phần mềm Quản lý Nhân sự HRPRO7 với đầy đủ chức năng như: Hồ sơ nhân viên, Hợp đồng, Bảo Hiềm, Tính lương, Đánh giá KPI,…
Key Performance Indicators
• Projected budget revenue targets are met
• Budgeted new business is grown in line with the budget
• Agreed Marketing department customer KPI’s are met
• The courses business achieves planned revenue in line with financial planning
Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
• Experience of working with large multi-site and multi-national companies to deliver skills solutions, contributing to budget delivery and growing the business in line with projected growth.
• Experience of leading a sales team, with proven results of successfully implementing contracts.
• Proven successful track record in sales, with an understanding of the strategic approach to long term objectives, and the strength of commercial returns from a partnering approach
• Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
• The ability to successfully negotiate large contracts with companies and partners for delivery by the business units
• A results focussed approach in order to focus on delivering commercial income,
• Strong business development and organisation skills
• The ability to build relationships with key decision makers
• A solution focused approach to team and stakeholder problems, who can lead by example.
• Strong communication skills both internally and externally, with the ability to influence and debate at senior levels, in order to get the right result.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and get the best out of a team, proven with experience.
• Previous experience of leading a large multi-skilled team, with the ability to coach, guide and be a knowledge base in commercial, marketing and communication.
• Degree level education preferred.
• Extensive experience in commercial roles with relevant industry knowledge.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Download bảng mô tả công việc cho vị trí Giám Đốc – Mẫu 11 (ENG) Tại đây
Mô tả công việc
Xem bảng mô tả công việc cho các vị trí khác như:
- Giám đốc công ty dịch vụ
- Trưởng phòng marketing
- Chuyên viên đào tạo
- Trưởng phòng nhân sự